Thursday, September 18, 2008

A few good chickens

Hello, my friends! What have you all been up to? Me, I've been burying my head in the sand for weeks, and do you know what I've found? Besides a lot of termites and ants, I actually found an uneaten beef jerky! But that's another story for another day.

So, I was at the Tennou Sushi Bar for lunch today and something unthinkable happened: a fellow diner, 2 seats down at the bar, didn't eat one of their pieces of TORO! It was quite funny actually. When the guy left, the other two guys who had been sitting on the other side of him and I were all eyeing that glorious piece of fish flesh, sort of daring one another to take it off the plate of the now absent diner and eat it. Seriously considered doing it myself and then we started in on a conversation about it, me and the other two dudes. It goes something like this:

"That is a sin."
"Agreed."
"I almost don't care that it's somebody else's food."
"I know what you mean."

And so on. For what it's worth, I did control myself. No second hand toro was consumed. As for the other two gentlemen, well, I don't know. The toro was still on the plate after I paid my check and left. I kind of hope they split it.

No comments: