Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Saints Game


Okay, went to the Saints game last night. The game itself was kind of a bummer, although it was very exciting. The most amazing part was that I ran into WORLD FAMOUS Lance Conkerton. Although he declined my request for an autograph, it was still a real honor to meet one of the biggest icons in the state of Louisiana.

Of course, we ran into one another in the smoking section. It was really smoky, so I'm surprised we recognized one another, although, come to think of it, being an ostrich and all, I kind of stand out.

Another few observations:
  • For the first time I can remember, I actually made it through the game without ordering nachos.
  • The fans in section 118 were very happy to see me, as I hadn't been to a game since the preseason. They missed my ability to incite riotous calamity.
  • This season, they now pour beer from 16 oz cans into plastic cups. Still $7 but an actual upgrade from the 12 oz beers they used to hand out. Much easier to get sloppy. And I was sloppy.
  • Could the women outside of Allegro get any cheesier? The answer last night was a resounding yes.
  • The financial crisis does not seem to have affected the overall surliness of the Superdome faithful. It might have, in fact, put them into a sort of surl-overdrive. And I do love that so very much.
  • Finally, I think Bad Repp should start a website devoted to needlepoint artwork.

Hello and Happy Mardi Gras.

1 comment:

Nat D said...

I was very disappointed in the nachos format for the preseason game I attended. What ever happened to the good old vat of cheese, from which heaping helpings of cheese are taken, for drizzling atop yummy nachos. Screw that small cheese cup thing.