Friday, March 28, 2008

Boiled Meat

I am excited about cooking my corned beef brisket. I simmer it over low heat for about two hours with two packages of old school crab boil. You have no idea how tender and tasty this stuff comes out.

So, last night, when I was rifling through Natalie's car looking for the head of John the Baptist, it occurred to me that maybe, just maybe, I might be able to throw some SAUSAGE into the crab boil for the last 30 minutes or so with my corned beef. And then the brain went a-whirlin'. How about some red potatoes? Garlic? Onions? Mushrooms? Um, well, yes, so this is going to basically be a crawfish boil without the crawfish.

Sunshine, if you need me to send you some sausage in the mail, you just let me know and I'll have the USPS get it there sometime before next Christmas.

Oh, I almost forgot: Sunshine and Natalie are hosting a birthday party in my honor on Sunday, June 22nd at the Baton Rouge Country Club. It's going to be a toga party and there will be pin the tail on the donkey and bobbing for apples. Thanks, Sunny and Nat. You're a couple of real peaches.

1 comment:

Nat D said...

your crawfish boil sans crawfish sounds REALLY FREAKING DELICIOUS!