Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Back to the Dentist

Well, off to see the dentist today. Have to get a filling. I usually love to go to there because my hygenist is 1. super hot, 2. really cool, but, unfortunately, I won't be seeing her much today. It's all business. And really, it's not that there's much pain involved; dentistry in the 21st century is a largely pain-free experience. It's afterward, you know, the numb face, drooling on yourself as you drive your car in the stifling 100 degree Louisiana heat back to your domicile, your mouth all powdery and swollen.



Sunshine told me a story about being at the dentist once. I'm not going to tell you that story, though. I'm going to repeat my assertion about the day Sunshine and I were cooking a pork tenderloin on my grill and she stole the undercooked meat and hid it somewhere in my house. She will swear up and down to this day that she did not do it. And then we had eggs benedict. And, yes, they were delicious, but still. I wonder if she carries that uncooked pork tenderloin around in her purse. It would not surprise me if she did. I think she's taking that slab of meat to the grave.



Yesterday, the Research Scientist was driving in from Slidell, when she saw a sign in front of a church. Below is what it said:




When I rock upon the mike, I rock the mike right.

2 comments:

Nat D said...

I hate the numbing at the dentist. I never get it unless it gets too painful- so far it hasn't yet. They had to pretty much force me to be numbed for a root canal repair. Really, I hate it that much. That is a good message- the prayer conditioning is better than air conditioning one.

Heidi said...

I hate the dentist. I have to take a Valium before I go, get the gas, and then have an assistant hold my hand. I had some bad dental experiences in my life. After the implant (tooth, not boob), I can go thru anything at the dentist.