Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Weekend of Food, Part 1



Since this upcoming weekend is my birthday, I will be dining at some of the most fabulous restaurants in New Orleans. Saturday night, the Research Scientist, Paul from the Bayou, Kristy from the Sticks, Matt and his surprise guest, Roomie! will be joining me for dinner at G.W. Fins! (The Hamsterfish will be skipping this particular meal.) It's a restaurant I have wanted to eat at for years, but somehow never got around to it. Everyone I know who has eaten there says it is a phenomenal restaurant, so my expectations are high, to say the least. I have also heard that, on occasion, they serve Blue Fin Tuna, one of my favorite foods of all time, so we'll see. But the company alone should be worthwhile. I'll be surprised if we're not kicked out of the restaurant before the end of the meal. Something tells me Roomie is going to be getting everyone way, way too drunk.

I hope everyone is jealous. I certainly would be!

Did you know they serve smoked oysters? I have never heard of such a thing, but I'm very intrigued. They will be part of the appetizer selection.

On another note, today is National Hug Your J.R. Ewing Day! If you happen to see him lollygagging around, give him a hug for me, will you?

No comments: