Thursday, February 21, 2008

My office


The first floor of my building smells like my old day camp at Kehoe France. Those were some of the best times of my life. I remember an entire summer playing tennis ball baseball, the most fun game ever invented. I miss camp and wish I were there right now (although, because it's raining, we wouldn't be able to play tennis ball baseball and would be, instead, in the gym being bored shitless, so I guess I should watch what I wish for.
Seniorita Caroline called me last night to ask me (in Spanish) if I needed her to sew me a thong. "Ostiches don't wear thongs," I replied in English to an utterly befuddled Caroline. Then William got on the phone and told me in some pretty decent English (he's taking to the language a little more quickly; I think he's at the right age), "I love pizza. And baths."
Simon the Burly Soldier then took the phone and told them, "Get back to work or you're sleeping in the garage again."
Ah, family life!

No comments: