Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Finito!!!

Today, at lunch, I finished The Corrections. Great book. It's like losing an old friend. Bad Repp, if you read this, it's a great book and a must read. If you like good fiction. It's a bit sprawling but never seems to bog down, a real credit to the author.

Almost done with White Noise, but Delillo is starting to lose me a bit. I hope he shows up for the final 100 pages, but right now, I'm not nearly as emphatic in my praise for it (as compared to something like The Corrections) as I once was.

Not sure what is next in line. I was planning on a second Delillo, but I'm wary. I will wait on that one until after I finish White Noise. I tried to find a non-fiction book written by David Foster Wallace "A Supposed Fun Thing I'll Never Do Again: Essays and Arguments" at the Barnes and Noble, but the woman behind the counter (read: incompetent) said it never came out in paperback, and the hardcover was out of print. I doubted that the paperback never came out and, lo and behold, type David Foster Wallace in the search box and the second book listed (IN PAPERBACK) is the one I'm looking for. Now I'm screwed. The one book I am sure I want to read is available, but since I've finished The Corrections, I need a book IMMEDIATELY, otherwise, my 3 book system will fall immediately to pieces. So, it looks like my bookshelf will get a visit. But that's just it-- off the top of my head, I can't think of anything on my bookshelf screaming my name right now, which is why, of course, they're still on the bookshelf. Perhaps I will try and finish The Teatherballs of Bougainville, but, well, there was a reason I put it down in the first place. What to do, what to do...

No comments: