Friday, May 09, 2008

Shopping, Archibald Style



Sew, today, after work, I am heading on a grocery mission. First on the agenda is Rouse's, where I will be purchasing cat food, beer, paper towels and cigarettes. Next, I will be heading to Whole Foods (HEAVEN!!!) where I will collect the following necessities for Mother's Day: smoked salmon, shallots, lemons and goat cheese. Then that's where the fun begins.

I have recently developed an olive addiction, and nowhere can that addiction be better fed than at the Whole Paycheck. The Basque Olive Mix is a personal favorite. The other thing I like to do is buy caperberries and peppadews and make what I call a Mediterranean popsiscle. Basically, I stuff the caperberry into the peppadew and eat them at the same time. It's really awesome. You should all try one the next time you're at the Whole 401K.

Anywhoo, after replenishing my olive collection, I will peruse the cheeses, asking to taste at least three before settling on something particularly stinky. Stinky cheeses, if you can stand them, really are the tastiest. Lastly, I will probably get a 365 Key Lime Soda, head to the check out and hope I don't have to take out a small business loan in order to pay for my purchases.

I'm sure there will be a bottle of wine purchased somewhere in-between, although I am sure to steer clear of the ostrich meat for obvious reasons.

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Nat D said...

I've never found WF to be too crazily expensive. But then I don't buy a lot. Just my meats, wines, sandwiches, pastas, produce... um, I guess I do buy a lot there. It's better though!