Monday, May 19, 2008

Weekend Festivities

Nope, sorry, no Emeril's. We went to Herbsaint and it was AMAZING. Perfect gnocchi for an appetizer. I had lamb shoulder for the entree; the Research Scientist had the pork belly. Both were earth shatteringly good.

Now, about Heidi M. She did not puke during the race, but did, indeed, lose her lunch directly after crossing the finish line. Way to hold back!!! So, we were supposed to get together with her and Mr. Beer on Saturday night, but when I finally got in touch with them, Heidi said, "Well, right now we're at Rick's Caberet and I'm getting a lap dance." So I decided against meeting them. Anywhoo.

Instead, I cooked the Research Scientist Veal Piccata. I did a really amazing job. I know this because RS, a girl who usually picks at her food, cleaned her plate entirely.

On Sunday, I went shopping, as today is RS's birthday. I can't mention any of the things I got her because she might read this. Suffice it to say that I wasn't supposed to get anything, but I broke the rules and got her a few things she'll really like. Pink things. Girly things.

Free Nelson Mandela!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

It was good to see you. I was actually at Deja Vu, but I thought it was Rick's or maybe saying I was at Rick's sounded better. Either way I wish we could have spent more time together.

GO BIG BROWN