Friday, May 30, 2008

Hurricane Preparations


Since Hurricane Season officially starts in two days, a friend of mine asked me if I had any plans of my own. I said, yes, in fact, I do have plans, and here they are:


My hurricane evacuation recipe:


1 Laptop Computer

1 Telephone

Medicine and toiletries

24 Miller Lite Beers

1 Gallon Water
1 Cooler

4 Single Serving Chef Boyardee meals

1 Bag for everything else


Instructions:


-Combine laptop, telephone, medicine and toilitries in laptop case. Set aside.


-Into cooler, add cans of beer, gallon of water, chef boyardee. Cover with contents of icemaker. Drag to front door.


-Grab bag. In a panic and without looking, start packing things that feel like "clothes," stuffing as much as possible until bag barely zips. Throw in direction of front door.


-Realize you've forgotten your IPod. Rectify.


-Bitch at yourself for owning an Audi instead of a Jeep with mud tires (you could take the levee to BR). Get over it.


-1967 Fender Telecaster. There's room for that in the trunk.



Load everything in the car. Turn on 870 am and enjoy!

No comments: