Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The State of Archibald

Overall, things are going quite well. I've started working on my new project at work and, of course, it's already quite the masterpiece. My employers are mucho impressed.

The Research Scientist has been seen at Casa Archibald on a regular basis. We sometimes play Scrabble, but often, we do other things. I like to cook her appetizers, never entrees. She likes to do crossword puzzles and likes to change clothes nearly as often as Sunshine, and that's saying something! Also, she visited Mama Duck over the weekend for Mother's Day. We ate lamb chops, smoked salmon and artisan blue cheese. There was, of course, a good deal of champagne involved. (we also made out in the laundry room!!! he, he, he!!!)

This coming Monday is her birthday, so I've got to plan on doing something special. I was thinking about some kind of fancy-shmancy dinner out, maybe Emeril's or something. I've got an extra kidney to sell, right?

In other news, Heidi M. told me she has to sell her Ford Excursion because it gets 3 miles to the gallon and is costing her a thousand dollars a month to keep gassed up. (okay, I might be stretching it, but not by much.) I told her she should get a Vespa, but that's not particularly practical when you have three kids to tote around. How about a Vespa and a really big side car? I'll have to keep thinking on this one.

Good luck on grad school, Bad Repp.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Actually 1000/mth isn't that far off when you add Frank's car to the mix. I am still trying to figure it out too. Vespa.....it would have to be a large side car with a bike rack. Funny picture nonetheless. Hope to see you on Friday.